We are now looking for an Internal Audit Senior Manager with willingness and potential to grow.
Greeting from your future colleague
“Are you ready to have a meaningful work, where you can utilise your best potential? UPM Internal Audit is an amazing opportunity for professional and personal growth, supported by motivated Team of seven; Head of Internal Audit and 6 experienced Auditors with diverse backgrounds and hunger for life-long learning. I look forward to work with a new colleague who 1) has a great service mind-set, 2) likes to constructively challenge and be challenged and 3) is a team player, committed to continuous improvement. Welcome to join our Team!”– Johanna Salo, UPM Internal Audit Director
What you’ll do
As an Internal Audit Senior Manager, you are accountable for delivering internal audit engagements within agreed UPM Business Area and/or Corporate Function(s). You collaborate continuously with the Senior Management, providing meaningful engagements and related recommendations, improving UPM’s operations and related governance, risk, and control environment.
Depending on your previous experience and areas of interest, this role holds an opportunity for further growth and career development. If you are experienced in data analysis or other specific field enabling better utilisation of data and digitalisation in audit work, your role could be combined to deliver relevant audit engagements, and prioritised development initiatives supporting Internal Audit strategy.
Who you are
- You have a BSc or MSc in a relevant field for the job
- You have 8+ years of experience in development and/or assurance work environment
- Professional certification, such as CIA, CISA, APA, CPA, CFE, is a merit
- You have great business acumen, customer focus and development oriented mind-set
- You possess the highest level of integrity and ethics
- You have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate and work with all levels of the organization, both verbally and in written communications
- You have ability to build strong relationships throughout all levels of the organization
- You are willing to travel after the Covid-19 pandemic related travel restrictions are lifted
This Is What We Offer For You
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company’s values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have a highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organization that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
The position is located primarily at our Head Office in Helsinki, Finland. However, depending on candidate profile and preferences, we consider other UPM locations as well.
For further information, please contact Arto Tenhula, SVP, Internal Audit, tel. +358 50 370 3716 during following times (EET) 4th October between 9-12, 11th October between 9-12 and 21st October 9-16.
Please send your application with CV and Cover letter via the link by 24th October, 2021.
Contact HR Service Center in application related questions: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +358204146600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.
UPM Internal Audit work is independent and objective. Strategic focus areas and related risks of UPM businesses and functions are the key inputs for our audit engagements. Internal Audit works for identifying synergies, sharing best practices, and recommending improvement opportunities. The scope of Internal Audit covers all the businesses, functions, units, and processes of the UPM Group. Our internal stakeholders perceive UPM Internal Audit as a value adding function, which is regarded in many respects as a benchmark practice.
We deliver renewable and responsible solutions and innovate for a future beyond fossils across six business areas: UPM Biorefining, UPM Energy, UPM Raflatac, UPM Specialty Papers, UPM Communication Papers and UPM Plywood. As the industry leader in responsibility, we are committed to the UN Business Ambition for 1.5 ° C and the science-based targets to mitigate climate change. We employ 18,000 people worldwide and our annual sales are approximately EUR 8.6 billion. Our shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd. UPM Biofore – Beyond fossils. www.upm.com