Veteran Internal Audit, Risk Executive Charlie T. Wright Elected as Chair
LAKE MARY, Fla. (July 7, 2021) — The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), the internal audit profession’s widely recognized advocate, educator, and provider of standards, guidance, and certifications, announced 7 July the election of the 2021–22 Global Board of Directors, including Charlie T. Wright, CIA, as Chair of the Global Board. The election was held during The IIA’s Annual Business Meeting.
Wright will preside over a 17-member IIA Global Board of Directors:
- Charles T. Wright, CIA, Chairman of the Board (USA)
- Benito Ybarra, CIA, Senior Vice Chairman of the Board (USA)
- Sally-Anne Pitt, CIA, CGAP, Vice Chairman – Finance (Australia)
- Jenitha John, CIA, QIAL, Past Chairman of the Board (South Africa)
- Laura A. Soileau, CIA, CRMA, North American Board Chairman (USA)
- Ernesto Martinez Gomez, CIA, CRMA, ONA Lead Director (Spain)
- Lishuang Fang, CIA, Director – Global Services (China)
- Sakiko Sakai, CIA, CCSA, CFSA, CRMA, Director – Professional Certifications (Japan)
- Tania Stegemann, CIA, CCSA, CRMA, Director – Professional Practices (Australia)
- Jose Esposito Li Carrillo, CIA, CRMA, Director – Content Advisory (Peru)
- Stefano Comotti, CIA, CRMA, Director – Advocacy Advisory (France)
- Karen Brady, CIA, CRMA, Director – Research (USA)
- R. Michael Varney, CIA, Director – Audit Committee (USA)
- Thomas Sanglier, II, CIA, CRMA, Director – Audit Committee (USA)
- Mark Carawan, CIA, QIAL, Audit Committee Chairman (United Kingdom)
- Beili Wong, CIA, Director (Canada)
- Anthony J. Pugliese, Ex-Officio Director/IIA President and CEO (USA)
Read the whole article from here.
Read the annual IIA report from here.
Watch the Chairman theme video from here.
Future Ready. 2021-22 IIA Global Chairman Charlie T. Wright