The IIA has released two new Position Papers that address issues that are of significant importance to the profession and stakeholders.
Below, please find a brief description of each paper.
- Why Conformance Matters describes the importance of IIA Standards and how conformance to Standards helps provide true assurance.
- Internal Auditing’s Role in Corporate Governance describes internal auditing’s vital role in good governance and the importance of internal audit independence.
IIA Position Papers are designed to:
- Articulate The IIA’s position on key issues of interest to the profession;
- Be used as a tool to help educate internal audit stakeholders, such as boards, audit committee members, executive management, regulators and legislators;
- Be short and direct – providing Key Takeaways and Five Questions to further emphasize key points in each Position Paper.