Market risk has always been considered a key risk for financial services organizations and is an increasingly important focus of global regulators. The IIA’s latest guidance will help you brush up on providing assurance on this risk.
This guidance will enable internal auditors to understand:
- The importance of market risk in a financial services context.
- The regulatory environment and requirements related to market risk.
- The risk governance and risk management processes surrounding market risk.
- How to articulate the key components of market risk, including interest rate risk, equity risk, and foreign exchange risk.
- How to apply the IPPF and risk-based internal audit techniques to assess and audit market risk in their organizations.