Obs! Limited number of Seats available!
Last day to sign up is 30.9.2023.
Next virtual classroom:
- CANCELED – 9/10/2023 to 13/10/2023 (from 10:00 to 14:00 EEST, 5 consecutive days)
Financial services in the European Union is a complex, highly regulated, and rapidly changing industry. Swift advances in technology, heightened regulator and consumer expectations, volatile risks, and globally interconnected financial economies have reshaped the business of financial services. As risks, opportunities, and disruptions in business strategies and operations unfold in banks, commercial real estate firms, insurance companies, and investment management firms, internal auditors must be prepared to continue to provide independent assurance and advisory services to enhance and protect organizational value.
EU Financial Services for Internal Auditors Certificate, a facilitator-led specialty certificate program, will provide you with critical intelligence, guidance, and practical applications to advance a career in financial services internal auditing. The program includes a general financial services foundations unit followed by more in-depth training on liquidity, model risk management, fraud, culture and conduct, and other mission-critical topics. CFS-EU adds an EU regulation specific module in the syllabus of the original certificate (IIA CFS).
WHO WILL BENEFIT:
This certificate program is designed for chief audit executives, internal audit managers, senior and staff auditors, and consulting associates who wish to demonstrate their proficiency in EU financial services internal auditing. The program provides participants with 20 hours of CPE. After completing this program, participants will be eligible to sit for the final assessment and earn their certificate and badge.
After completing this certificate program, participants will be able to:
• Demonstrate a firm understanding of the foundations of internal auditing in financial services.
• Apply the concepts of The IIA’s International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF), Financial
Services Risk Framework, and other relevant frameworks to the organisation’s strategy and objectives.
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of the regulatory landscape and of key risks facing financial services organisations.
• Conduct financial services focused engagements in conformance with the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
COURSE TOPICS AND CONTENT:
- Foundations of Internal Auditing in Financial Services
- Auditing Liquidity Risk
- Auditing Capital Adequacy & Stress Testing for Banks
- Auditing Model Risk Management
- Auditing Credit Risk
- European Unit Financial Services
- Assessing Market and Interest Rate Risk
- Auditing Culture and Conduct Risk in the Control Environment
- Assessing Cybersecurity Risk: roles of the Three Lines Model
- Assessing Fraud Risks
- Auditing Third-party Risk
COURSE INFORMATION – THE PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- Course duration: all in all 2,5 days. The training will take place on line, in interactive virtual classroom format from Monday to Friday, every day from 10 am to 2 pm.
- Knowledge level: intermediate
- Prerequisites: 1+ years of experience in the financial services industry
- Advance preparation: None
- Online Exam: Complete the exam on line at the date and time that works best for you within 90 days of finishing the training course. Open book exam.
- Certificate and Digital Badge: You will receive a PDF certificate suitable for printing and framing and a digital badge that can be easily shared with your professional network
- Participant´s material – eBook
- CPE reporting requirements: None
• Financial services foundations
• Auditing Financial services risks
• Includes EU specific regulations
Free cancellation 2 weeks before the course starts.
More info about the training / invoicing, please contact IFACI
Contact: Perrine Benard
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
phone: +33 1 40 08 48 08
Elsa Redondo Cubero, COSO-ERM, CFS-EU
Elsa is Internal Audit Group Vice President (Financial Risks) at Santander, Madrid, Spain. She started in Internal Audit in 2001 and gained an extensive field experience through multiple assignments in various areas including treasury, ALM, asset management and depositary business, mainly in Europe, South America and China. She regularly participates, as a trainer and speaker, in internal audit training programs and workshops.
Frank Waatjes MBA, CIA, CFSA, RE, CISA, CRISC, CFS-EU
Frank is an experienced Operational Audit and IT auditor and trainer who worked for three large international banks in different first and third line functions in various countries.Currently working for a large multinational bank, Frank and his colleagues are responsible for the global audit methodology. Part of his role is to provide a set of audit methodology related trainings to his approx. 450 audit colleagues located in 20+ countries, and other stakeholders as well as verifying whether audit teams conform to the bank’s audit methodology.Frank has the accreditation in Internal Quality Assessment/Validation by the IIA.