Nowadays critical thinking one of the most important skills to have. Internal auditors, risk and compliance professionals at all levels will benefit from the practical applications shared in this course.
Please note that the seats are limited.
The course helps participants appreciate the role of critical thinking in internal audit and other assurance areas. Critical thinking helps internal auditors assess evidence, question assumptions, and test theories, producing more solid, useful information as a result. This course, which is highly interactive, uses case studies and practical exercises to boost participants’ knowledge and confidence in using these skills in all their work.After attending this course, participants will be able to provide better risk-based audit assurance and consulting services through:
- being able to identify, gather and assess sufficient, reliable information;
- articulating the evidence and reasoning leading to audit conclusions; duck
- helping the organisation improve controls based on these conclusions.
1. Critical thinking: what is it?
- Types of reasoning
- Barriers to reasoning
2. How can we apply critical thinking at all stages of an engagement?
- Planning and scoping
- Testing, including assessing quantifiable and non-quantifiable evidence
- Gauging and communicating materiality
3. Critical thinking and corporate culture
- Corporate and other cultural influences on types of reasoning
- Identifying and overcoming culture-specific barriers
4. Articulating results of critical thinking
- Understanding others’ assumptions and approaches
5. Communicating rigorous analysis with empathy
CPE Points: 4
- In case of cancellation 30 days before the start of the course, 0% of the participation fee needs to be paid.
- In case of cancellation 30-15 days before the start of the course, 50% of the participation fee must be paid.
- In case of cancellation 15 days or less before the start of the course, as well as non-attendance, 100% of the participation fee will be invoiced. This applies for whatever reason, such as illness.
You can transfer your place to a colleague free of charge.
We reserve the right to cancel the training up to 14 days before the date.
|10:00 - 14:00|
The meeting link will be provided a few days before the course.
Sara I James
With over 30 years' teaching, writing, publishing and corporate experience in the US and Europe, Sara provides report-writing training worldwide through her business, Getting Words to WorkTM. She has written numerous articles on language and reporting, and spoken at national and international conferences.