Only a few seats LEft! you can ask free spots via email email@example.com
Who should attend?
This course is open to all. NOTE: This is a ’hands–on’ course and each delegate must bring a laptop to the course with an installed copy of Microsoft Office version 2014 or later. Each delegate must also ensure that they are authorised and able to use working data (comprising example Excel, PDF, TXT and Access files provided on or before the course via memory stick or, alternatively, from data pre-supplied as email attachment) and are able to access, at least, the standard features of a standard installation of Microsoft Excel. The use of a mouse is recommended for some exercises as some features within Microsoft Office are unable to be accessed through a touchpad. Delegates who arrive at the course without these defined capabilities will not be able to benefit from the course.
What will I learn?
Upon completion you will be able to:
- Check up to 100% of the data available to you electronically;
- Put vital components of Office to work in the most efficient manner; duck
- Manage and manipulate data to create persuasive results during the fieldwork phase of an audit.
The course is accompanied by a full manual with course images and text, a manual of shortcut keys and other speed tactics, and is further accompanied by data to use on course and to take away for further experimentation and practice.
Data analytics and handling – working directly with Excel
- Checking spreadsheet integrity – locating common sources of error
- Precedent checking and formulae expansion
- Recording macros
- Re‐performance and virtual calculations – a key audit skill
- Shortcuts and speed-up keys – how to use them
- Power searching and data location
- Excel statistics – how to enable
- Custom filtering
- Data stratification
- Pivot tables, Pivot Filtering, Pivot charts and Slicers
- Creating an audit workpaper with data analytics driven by Pivot Tables
- Rule based conditional formatting
- Complex sortation
Data Importation and Power Editing
- Data import into Excel from text, tables, proprietary databases, external websites
- Data import and data transformation using Power Query Editor
- Data import via MSQRY
- Data connections, data merging and data transformation
- Data connections and fuzzy data merging
- Interacting with data sources to refresh and reuse data
- Creating dashboards using Excel
- Creating dashboards using free–standing products such as Power BI and Tableau
- Embedding charts and images in your reports
Teacher: Stan Dormer
CPE points: 8
Details will be sent to participants in advance of the course. Approximately a week before training.
- In case of cancellation 30 days before the start of the course, 0% of the participation fee needs to be paid.
- In case of cancellation 30-15 days before the start of the course, 50% of the participation fee must be paid.
- In case of cancellation 15 days or less before the start of the course, as well as non-attendance, 100% of the participation fee will be invoiced. This applies for whatever reason, such as illness.
You can transfer your place to a colleague free of charge.
We reserve the right to cancel the training up to 14 days before the date.
|10:00 - 18:00|
Details will be sent to participants in advance of the course.